- Great for digestive ailments such as IBS, bloating and constipation, skin conditions (Eczema, psoriasis, acne), hormonal imbalances (PCOS, fibroids) and insomnia.
Traditional Herbal Medicine considers that the components of the human body cannot be studied in isolation because each part is dynamic and interdependent. Diagnosis is about determining underlying patterns in the body and how they manifest in symptoms.
Our clinic offers Naturopathic and Chinese herbal medicine which are custom-made for each patient. Your individual constitution and health concerns are the foundation for which your herbal prescription is designed accordingly. That way your individual needs are fulfilled accurately.
The herbs we prescribe come from trusted manufacturers that source only high quality herbs, stringently tested to comply for full shelf-life potency and no substances derived from any endangered species.
Herbs are dispensed as either liquid, tincture, powder, granules or capsule form. Detailed instructions on dosage and frequency will be provided with every herbal prescription so that you find them easy to take.
As herbal formulas are personalised according to your body’s needs, side effects are uncommon.
In the right instances herbal medicine may be used in conjunction with modern pharmaceuticals. However, it is important to inform your practitioner of any medications you are taking so the potential risks can be assessed and you may be advised to take your herbs at a different time of day to other medications.
Click here to see our Naturopathy/Herbal medicine Frequently Asked Questions
- Acupuncture is a 4000-year-old medicine which works by stimulating specific points under the skin with very fine needles. It stimulates the body to heal itself by resolving underlying imbalances in the body’s ‘Qi’ (energy).
What does Acupuncture treat?
- Acupuncture treats a wide variety of complaints. Ranging from musculoskeletal complaints- lower back pain, tight neck and shoulders and arthritis to digestive complaints, insomnia, hormonal issues and menstrual irregularity, skin conditions, fatigue and stress. Acupuncture stimulates the brain’s release of neurochemicals such as endorphins and regulates inflammatory mediators to reduce pain.
Is it painful?
- We often associate the word “needle” with the hypodermics used in injections at a doctor’s office. However, acupuncture needles share little in common. Acupuncture needles are hair-thin. Often, patients feel no sensation when the needle is inserted. During acupuncture, patients commonly experience a pleasant feeling of relaxation and may even fall asleep.
Is it safe?
- Yes. We only use single-use, disposable, acupuncture needles. They come in a sterile package which is opened at the start of the treatment. After the treatment the needle is discarded. Practitioners of Acupuncture have completed years of training, internship, and a number of board exams to achieve certification and license status. Their extensive training and years of practice since can ensure that each needle is placed with care and consideration.
What will my first treatment be like?
- At your first visit you will spend time with your practitioner talking about your current concern and health history. Then you will receive acupuncture or herbal medicine. Some people are very nervous before their first treatment. That is OK! We will be happy to talk you through the process and answer any questions as we go along. People find that the process is much easier and gentler than they expected.
Are there any possible side effects?
- Small, localised bruises from minor bleeding under the skin are infrequent, but do occur. This will resolve within a few days. Sometimes you may have a slight sensation where the pin has been which will last for about 20 minutes.
How long do the treatments take?
- You’ll need to allow 1 hour for your treatment. However, treatments can be shorter or longer depending on your individual needs. The actual time the pins are in is around 30 minutes.
- Depending on the chief complaint, the severity and how long the problem has been going on means that the number of treatments needed may vary greatly. Some people are much better after a single treatment, while for others it can take 3 or more treatments. On your initial consultation you will know how many treatments to expect.
Your Health Starts Here
Flexible appointments and urgent care.
Or call — 9322 0000